Criadores eunectes notaeus en España

aomarte

Puntos de reacción
cierto en cuanto a la fuerza y la segunda persona; aun no es necesario por el tamaño; pero la precaucion siempre es importante y mas en un animal de estos que no se sabe lo que se les pasa por la cabeza. Toda la razon

Locoporlasranas

Puntos de reacción
Una serpiente de 3 metros como dice earr es algo bastante serio , yo hace dos semanas me dejaron cojer una retíc dwarf de más de 3 metros y era bastante buena , también era bastante delgada unos 10cm de grosor , pero aún así había momentos en los que pensabas: tío esto como se me tire me hace daño... no me quiero imaginar la misma situación con una eunectes de más de 20 cm de grosor...

aomarte

Puntos de reacción
cuando me llego era bastante nerviosa, pero ahora a base de cogerla y manipularla poco a poco se va dejando coger y manejar mejor. Yo creo que con el paso del tiempo y mucha paciencia mejorara muy mucho... eso si... dentro de poco es cierto que necesitare de otra persona como ayuda y mucha precaucion, la mayoria de las veces cuando la saco mi hermano viene conmigo por lo que sera coger la rutina y esta.

aomarte

Puntos de reacción
aun asi, sigo sin encontrar demasiada info por internet... se ve que no son muy comunes en cautividad. sabeis de algun libro que pueda servirme de guia al respecto? boas he tenido y mantengo alguna lampro nigritus regalo de un amigo, ya se que no es lo mismo... me interesa sobre todo el terrario y la forma de montarle la zona de agua con los filtros y tal que no tengo mucha idea al respecto, si en cuanto a las medidas y proporcion de agua-tierra, pero no del funcionamiento de los filtros para el agua y el calentador asi como formas de instalarlo y demas.
os dejo una foto de esta semana

Adjuntos

• IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    240 KB · Visitas: 321
Última edición:

earr

Miembro del equipo
Puntos de reacción
No me había dado cuenta de que lo que tú tienes es una eunectes notaeus y no murinus. Aquí tienes una care-sheet:

Eunectes Notaeus – Yellow Anaconda

Distribution
Northern Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay.

Sexing and Characteristics:

The Yellow Anaconda or "Eunectes Notaeus" is an amazing animal. Yellow Anacondas have a bright yellow background with leopard like spotting down the sides of the snake, as well as rectangular and/or black ovals down the back. A lot of Yellow Anacondas have blotched or lightly faded blacks in their back pattern, which allows for a little more yellow and orange to come through the back of the snake. These snakes have a very unique attribute as well, like the Green Anaconda, Yellow Anacondas can not only lunge/snap forward,
but they can also bite at almost a complete 90 degree angle.

Anacondas are nocturnal and will tend to show more activity at night. Green Anacondas have been noted to live up to 30+/‐ years in captivity. When it comes to sexing Anacondas, we have found that spur sexing can be very effective and one of the safest ways of sexing. While still possible to pop or probe successfully, these can cause great harm if not done properly.

Size:
Yellow Anacondas are a more manageable size compared to the Green Anaconda and other large constrictors. Here are the average sizes noted in captivity. Keep in mind, all of these are averages and not be maximums.

Taken as minimums:
Neonates: 17" – 24" (43 cm – 61 cm)
Females: 12’ (3.6 meter)
Males: 8’ (2.4 meter)

Basic Husbandry:
Paper / Butcher Paper /newspaper
Aspen
Wood chips
Coco fibre

Water:
While this is a debatable subject to some, a large water source may or may not be used. If you do choose to use the soaking bowls, keep in mind that Anacondas will defecate in their water and if not change on a regular basic can cause scale infections and water blisters.* If you decide not to give them a water dish to soak in you must make sure that you keep the humidity levels up a little higher during shed to ensure a proper shed.
Be prepared for frequent water changes.

Temperatures:
Provide a basking spot of 90‐92 F (32-33 °C) with a background temperature of 81‐83 F (27-28°C).

Lighting and UV:
No special lighting is necessary for this snake, but UV’s are good for almost anything. If choosing to use lighting, keep it on 12 hour cycles, 12 hours of day, and 12 hours of night.

Humidity :
Providing a constant humidity range of 50%‐60% is needed. Now this can be harder than it seems using certain types of caging. In more ventilated caging the best way to maintain good humidity is to create a humidity hut. Take a Rubbermaid container (one that your snake can easily fit into), cut a hole in the top or side for entrance/exit, fill it with Sphagnum moss and then mist daily with warm water.

Heating & Equipment:
You can use under cage heating pads, ceramic heat emitters, or basking bulbs. We have been using belly heat for years without any problems what‐so‐ever.

Caging and Enclosures:
Yellow Anaconda cage requirements are a little easier to accommodate than other large constrictors with their smaller sizes. For Neonate Anacondas, I recommend using a smaller tub, something on the lines of a 6 qt or 15 qt tub. If using aquarium style caging, something on the lines of a 15‐20 gallon long would work. You don’t want to go too big at first, Anacondas are a very high stress snake, and tend to do better in smaller
enclosures as babies. Typically the rule for housing larger snakes is whenever the snake doubles the length of the cage, you bump it up a size (for example: you would change the cage when the snake is 8’ and in a 4’ cage). Typically the average size for an adult snake would be 6’ long x 30" wide x 18" high, or larger.

Diet:
Feed the snake at least once every 10 days, most people typically average one meal every 7 days to keep it on a week schedule. Most neonate Anacondas can start off on rat pups or rat weans without any problem, while some of the more picky eaters will prefer mice, day old chicks, or quail. Some snakes may be intimidated by large meals, so it’s always best to offer appropriate sizes and not go too big.

Larger Anacondas can accept prey items such as Rats, small Rabbits, small Pigs, or Guinea Pigs. We do always recommend people feed Frozen/Thawed prey instead of live for the safety and well being of the animals, but of course, not every animal will accept frozen thawed prey items, if this is the case, please remember to never leave a live rodent with any snake for long periods of time, as a defensive or hungry rodent could severely injure or kill the snake. Do not handle the snake for at least a day or two after feeding, this is to prevent regurgitation.

Maintenance:
Be cautious when handling, Yellow Anacondas are known for being an untrustworthy snake. Now, not all Anacondas are out to get you, there are some extremely docile animals that are worked with frequently, but we have found them to become spooked very easily and become somewhat defensive, even with tame animals. So please, whenever handling a large constrictor, make sure there is always another person around to help out if needed.
Be prepared for frequent water changes, defecation, and urination on a regular basis. Make sure to clean and disinfect all of the items in the cage including any décor and water bowls.

aomarte

Puntos de reacción
Esto si que me es de gran ayuda jejej, si es notaeus, y la hembra que busco tambien lo es... jejeje a ver si tengo suerte con la busqueda; porque bricoterrario sigue desaparecido, cierto? no estara de vacaciones por ahi?

earr

Miembro del equipo
Puntos de reacción
Una cosa importante: mientras que retics y molurus se ponen en S para atacar de frente, las eunectes muerden sin avisar casi en 90 grados. Es importante saberlo.

aomarte

Puntos de reacción
creo que seria una gran sorpresa para todos el que vierais el caracter afable y tranquilo que tiene cuando le manipulo; la verdad que es mucho mas sencillo cogerle a el que a la lampro que tengo en casa.... eso si, no le dejo que se me acerque mucho a la cara por si acaso; pero vamos, que es mucho mas tranquilo de lo que aqui mucha gente se piensa que es. Ultimamemte tambien me he metido en alghuna web de anacondas en faceb ook... y lo que se ve son todo animales tranquilos nada agresivos...

earr

Miembro del equipo
Puntos de reacción
creo que seria una gran sorpresa para todos el que vierais el caracter afable y tranquilo que tiene cuando le manipulo; la verdad que es mucho mas sencillo cogerle a el que a la lampro que tengo en casa.... eso si, no le dejo que se me acerque mucho a la cara por si acaso; pero vamos, que es mucho mas tranquilo de lo que aqui mucha gente se piensa que es. Ultimamemte tambien me he metido en alghuna web de anacondas en faceb ook... y lo que se ve son todo animales tranquilos nada agresivos...
Con grandes boidos es mejor no fiarse nunca. Calificar a un gran boido de "afable" puede llevarnos a tener alguna sorpresa. Es buena cosa que sea mansa pero sobre todo NUNCA FIARSE.

aomarte

Puntos de reacción
Yap, no la dejo acercarse a la cara... ya he visto algún susto de gente

GeckoGecko

Puntos de reacción
Buenas compalero, siento no haber visto antes el post.
Yo dispongo de crías que me nacieron en Julio 2017 , estaran ahora por el metro de longitud Te dejo privado
Saludos